How is Your Relationship?
Does your partner:
• Embarrass you with put-downs?
• Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
• Control what you do, who you see or talk to, or where you go?
• Stop you from seeing friends or family members?
• Take your money or Social Security check, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money?
• Make all of the decisions?
• Say you are a bad parent, or threaten to take away or hurt your children?
• Physically or emotionally hurt your children?
• Prevent you from working or attending school?
• Tell you the abuse is not real, blame you for it, or deny doing it?
• Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
• Intimidate you with guns, knives or other weapons?
• Shove you, slap you, choke you, or hit you?
• Force you to try to drop charges?
• Threaten to commit suicide?
• Threaten to kill you?
If you answered ‘yes’ to even one of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship.
You are not alone; abuse is never OK.
Take the first step toward safety by calling 1.800.799.SAFE (7233).